Parents & carers

If you have a concern about your child's educational progress or behaviour in school, arrange to meet with the school's Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo), who will explain how the school is supporting your child. If your child fails to make satisfactory progress despite support and interventions, the school might make a referral to an educational psychologist (or another professional).

South East Psychology believes that educational psychology services should be freely available through schools or local authorities to all children who are failing to make adequate progress or experience social, emotional or behavioural difficulties related to school. However, we also recognise that resources are finite and therefore not all children who would benefit from the involvement of an educational psychologist will be able to access one.

We therefore offer private assessments for parents and carers in circumstances where there is clear evidence that a child is failing to make satisfactory academic progress, or is not enjoying school due to social or emotional difficulties.

Fees for private assessments are negotiated on a case by case basis depending on the age and needs of the child and the nature of the involvement required. Please click here for our terms and conditions .

Please contact us for an initial consultation and quotation.

South East Psychology Ltd will be hosting a free workshop for teenagers on 14th December 2017, 5.30- 7.30pm. The workshop will explore strategies to support teenagers in managing stress and anxiety. For further details and to book places click here to see the flyer.